Choosing the Right Type of Inground Pool
Swimming pools come in a number of designs and shapes. You can create something that’s uniquely suited for your backyard and property design. At Aveco Pools, we recommend inground pools to clients who want the luxury right in their backyard without compromising the overall aesthetic of their property. We can handle all kinds of Pool Builds and are familiar with many different designs.
What is an Inground Pool?
As the name suggests, an inground swimming pool is built in the ground and therefore, sits flush against the backyard’s surface. The swimming pool structure won’t sit above the ground and stand out like an elevated area interrupting your serene view. This type of construction requires more effort because contractors have to dig into the soil to create space, but the end result is worth the time and expense involved.
What Types of Inground Pools are Available?
You can choose between a number of inground Pool Designs based on your budget, preferences, and home architecture. We recommend that you consult with a professional before you make your choice. An experienced pool construction company can recommend the best type of pool for you after they consider your requirements in detail. You can choose between the following options:
- Concrete pools – These pools are very durable and can be custom designed to fit your requirements. The versatility in shape and design makes this an ideal choice for homeowners with smaller backyards.
- Vinyl pools – With this type of pool, sheets of vinyl are placed between the pool water and the underlying sand or concrete base. These sheets protect the concrete from excess moisture to ensure it doesn’t crack.
- Fiberglass pools – These pools are easy and quick to install. They are also easy to customize as they can be moulded into any shape and size required.
How Much Do Inground Pools Cost?
- Concrete pools – These pools can cost anywhere between $50,000 and $100,000.
- Fiberglass pools – These can cost anywhere between $45,000 and $85,000 if the installation is completely handled by a professional. You can reduce the cost by a considerable margin if you install it yourself, but the effort involved can be a big deterrent.
- Vinyl liner pools – A DIY project will cost around $20,000 while a professional installation will cost around $35,000 to $55,000. It is worth getting professionals for the job as they will have the right tools, equipment and training to ensure the pool is installed correctly and will last for years.
What is a Semi-Inground Pool?
Semi-inground pools are a more affordable alternative to regular inground pools. The pool structure is only partially buried into the soil so you don’t have to dig as deep. You can also use more affordable materials to build this pool because it doesn’t have to endure as much pressure as traditional inground pools do. These pools aren’t as visible and distracting as completely above-the-ground pools.
How to Open Inground Pools after Winter
- Remove the water and debris from the pool cover you placed on the pool before fall.
- Remove, clean, and safely pack away your pool cover.
- Remove the winter plugs as well as the skimmer ice compensators.
- Reinstall your deck.
- Fill the pool.
- Prepare and start the filter and pump.
- Clean the pool.
- Jump in and enjoy your pool!
Summer is right around the corner so what are you waiting for? Contact us here at Aveco Pools to order an inground pool today or give us a call at 1 905-640-2666.